We have ALL heard of protein powders but do we all know how else we can use it without making boring shakes all the time? If you don’t, girl I got you.
Now you all know I LOVE protein powders and my absolute FAV is OxyWhey. There are SO many creative ways to use this and incorporate it in your diet!
You can add it to a smoothie, bake with it, or use it to cook up a delicious breakfast – the possibilities are endless!
Here are my top 5 favourite recipes using OxyWhey Protein!
Simple OxyWhey Post-Workout Shake
187 calories P: 27g F: 4g C: 10g
1 scoop OxyWhey flavour of choice
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup ice cubes
1 scoop glutamine powder (optional)
1 tbsp rolled oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
• Add all ingredients to a blender except for ice and blend until smooth. Then add ice and blend again until smooth.
Protein French Toast
318 calories P: 41g F: 3g C: 31g
2 slices bread of choice
100g egg white
1 scoop OxyWhey protein of choice
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk Olive oil spray
Toppings – Fruit of choice, sugar free maple syrup.
• In a bowl mix together egg white, protein powder, cinnamon, and almond milk until combined.
• Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Add one slice of bread to egg mixture coating one side then turn over to coat the other.
• Press down to ensure bread soaks up the mixture. Add a slice of bread to hot pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining slice of bread.
• Serve protein french toast with fruit of choice and sugar free maple syrup.
387 calories P: 34g F: 5g C: 52g
⅓ cup rolled oats
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
½ scoop Oxywhey protein powder of choice
1 egg white
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
Olive oil spray
• Lightly spray a ramekin with olive oil spray and preheat oven to 180C (350F).
• Cut banana in half. Mash one half and reserve the other.
• Add mashed banana to a bowl with oats, cinnamon, baking powder, OxyWhey, egg white and almond milk. Mix to combine.
• Pour mixture into ramekin and place in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes.
• Slice remaining banana into coins and place on top of baked oats. Enjoy!
Single Serve No Bake Cheesecake
263 calories P: 22g F: 12g C: 17g
1 gingernut snap cookie
1 tsp butter
½ scoop OxyWhey protein powder of choice
50g light cream cheese
50g non-fat yoghurt
Stevia drops (optional to sweeten)
Toppings – fruit of choice or chocolate chips
• Crush gingernut snap cookie into fine crumbs and melt butter.
• In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbles and melted butter.
• Add cookie mixture to a round of a silicone muffin pan and press down so a base forms. Add to the freezer for 10 minutes or until cooled.
• In another bowl, mix together OxyWhey protein powder of choice, cream cheese, non fat yoghurt and stevia drops (if using) until smooth.
• Remove the cookie base from the freezer and spoon protein powder mixture on top. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
• Remove cheesecake from the freezer and pop out of the silicone mould.
• Place on a plate and top with fruit of choice or chocolate chips.
OxyWhey Protein Bars (Makes 6 bars)
113 calories per bar: P: 11g F: 7.5g C: 5g
3/4 cup rolled oats
2 scoops OxyWhey protein powder of choice
¼ cup natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
¼ cup cereal of choice (rice bubbles, corn flakes, crumbled weet bix)
30 ml sugar-free maple syrup
25g sugar-free choc chips
• Add rolled oats to a food processor and process until a flour consistency is reached.
• Add OxyWhey protein powder of choice to a bowl with oats, sugar free maple syrup and natural peanut butter. Mix until a sticky mixture forms (if mixture is too dry add a tablespoon of water).
• Slowly fold through cereal of choice and sugar-free choc chips.
• Line a rectangular pan with baking paper and pour in protein bar mixture. Refrigerate until firm and cut into 6 bars.
Incorporating protein powder into your meals and snacks is one of the easiest ways to ensure you are getting enough protein to fuel your workouts and keep your nutrition on point.
Love these recipes? There are MORE OxyWhey recipes for you to enjoy on the LSF app!